This Saturday, August 18th, the Nola Daiquiri Festival will unleash a slew of local bartenders, daiq machines, food trucks, DJs, artists and a Sailor Jerry photo booth onto St. Claude Ave in honor of the city’s beloved frozen beverage. Founder of the event,Jeremy JF Thompson, chatted with Eater about all things Daiquiri.
Why did you change your format this year from a tour to a fest?
The 2011 Daiquiri Shop Tour was a wild and memorable occasion, as anyone on that party bus will tell you, but the festival is ready to grow. Most New Orleans Festivals have a location, and are either free or cheap to attend, relying on publicity, precedent, and passers-by to fill their festival grounds. We want to make this festival available to everyone, and eventually to partner with a permanent location to establish the festival at annually. There’s a good possibility of future Daiquiri Shop Tours, but as an added feature of the festival, rather than the mainstay.
The 2012 New Orleans Daiquiri Festival won’t require a long description; simply show up, grab a daiquiri made by some of New Orleans’ best bartenders, dance to some of New Orleans’ best music, and repeat. They’ll be t-shirts, koozies, souvenir cups and other unique daiquiri swag created by local artists. The New Orleans Daiquiri Club will have a sign-up table, and they’ll be several pop-up eateries by some of New Orleans’ best up-and-coming food vendors.
- miseducationofabrokenheart likes this
- hannahpickle reblogged this from defendneworleans
- likealocalblog reblogged this from defendneworleans and added:
- insidehumanqualities reblogged this from defendneworleans
- bpobox likes this
- lightninglaveau reblogged this from defendneworleans
- fordryandashyskin reblogged this from defendneworleans
- laurenloodle likes this
- culturaldictionaryofdick likes this
- atomicayatollah reblogged this from defendneworleans
- atomicayatollah likes this
- slouchybaby likes this
- stcrumpton likes this
- rynia reblogged this from defendneworleans and added:
- rynia likes this
- defendneworleans posted this