Virginia-born and New Orleans-based artist Avery Lawrence uses his family history to inspire the work presented in this multi-media installation.
In Arranging Suitcases, he explores the story of his paternal grandparents to inform a video-based performance that is physically demanding and ultimately surreal. The video will be on view in Parse Gallery within an installation of complementary drawings, paintings, custom-designed wallpaper and site-specific performances.
Parse is located at 134 Carondelet Street, New Orleans and the exhibition runs from September 7th until the 28th.
- withthedreads likes this
- anandaji likes this
- noanoa reblogged this from weareconstance
- theoxfordamerican reblogged this from weareconstance and added:
- myimaginationisrunningriot likes this
- desolatefield likes this
- alwaysinstudio reblogged this from defendneworleans
- los15principales likes this
- mysteriesmanners likes this
- defendneworleans reblogged this from weareconstance
- bradleywarshauer reblogged this from weareconstance
- bradleywarshauer likes this
- barkeralison likes this
- weareconstance posted this